Calling all bookworms!
A chance for your primary school to win with Library Energiser.
To celebrate its sponsorship of the Edinburgh International Book Festival, the ScottishPower Foundation is offering primary schools across Scotland the chance to win the ultimate library makeover.
Following a pilot scheme in 2014, this year Library Energiser will be open to all primary schools across Scotland. So whether your school has a library, reading room or poetry corner, this is your opportunity to turn that space into a bookworm’s haven.
Two schools will be selected to receive a £2,000 library makeover, whether that is with a lick of paint, new furniture or a stash of the latest books. The revamped library will be officially opened by a Scottish children’s author at the school’s very own mini book festival.
Two runners up will also receive a box packed full of the latest top children’s books.
Entering the Library Energiser competition is easy – simply email a photo of your school’s current library or reading space with up to 100 words on how you’d like to transform it into the perfect reading area to email@example.com.
Entries close on 26 June 2015. Please see full Terms & Conditions below.
Full Terms & Conditions:
1. The promoter is Stripe Communications Limited which has its registered office at 86/3 Commercial Quay, Edinburgh EH6 8LX on behalf of ScottishPower Foundation Limited (“ScottishPower Foundation”), which has its registered office at 1 Atlantic Quay, Robertson Street, Glasgow G2 8SP.
2. The competition period will start at 9am on 20 April 2015 and end at 11:59pm on 26 June 2015. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
3. To enter, entrants should email one recent (within the last 6 months) image of their school’s reading area (this might be a library, study or reading space) along with 100 words per entry on how you’d like to transform it to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Entries must be submitted by a school representative (e.g. teacher / secretary / PTA) but may be composed by pupils.
5. The Competition is only open to primary schools in Scotland.
6. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
7. Each Qualifying School will be entered into a competition to win a £2,000 investment into their school’s reading area along with support in organising their own mini book festival, including a visit from a children’s author.
8. There will be two winning schools overall.
9. There will also be two running up schools; each of whom will win a box of children’s books.
10. No purchase necessary.
11. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
12. The Winners will be notified via telephone no later than 15 August. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. By accepting the prize, Winners are responsible for completing their reading space makeovers by 31 October 2015.
14. Winners are obliged to cooperate with and participate in post-Competition publicity.
15. ScottishPower Foundation shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners in accordance with paragraph 9 above, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
16. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
17. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter
18. The Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. No cash alternative will be offered. All prizes are subject to availability. ScottishPower Foundation reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative of equal or greater value in the event that the Prize becomes unavailable.
19. ScottishPower Foundation’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. You agree that by entering into the Competition, your submission may be used by ScottishPower Foundation for the purpose of conducting this promotion and that ScottishPower Foundation may also disclose your personal information or images to any third party it engages to assist it for the purposes of conducting the Judging.
21. Money provided must be used to improve the existing library / reading space.
21. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Scotland.